Partners Online Second Opinions (POSO) works with Partners HealthCare specialists to deliver remote second opinions to patients around the world. Participating specialists must be board-certified, fully tenured (no interns, residents or fellows) and fully licensed and insured.
We are always looking to add more Partners physicians to our roster. Why should you consider this opportunity?
- Making it easy for you: Our team handles all billing, payments and legal issues so you and your staff don't have to. Also, all communication during the consultation process occurs via our secure, HIPAA-compliant website; patients and referring physicians may not contact you directly via phone or email.
- Extra income: Supplement your income with additional compensation for every case you complete. Contact us for details on compensation amounts and methods.
- A reasonable time commitment: The amount of time it takes to complete a case varies greatly depending on complexity and amount of material, but most of our physicians can do so in one to two hours. We can send you actual samples to give you a sense of what a typical consultation letter looks like.
- Malpractice insurance: CRICO covers any Partners specialist providing opinions through our service.
- A physician-to-physician service: We require each patient's local physician to be involved in the process to ensure you receive professional records with proper medical terminology.
- No commitment: You are free to turn down cases if you are unusually busy or simply not interested in the case.
- Doing good: POSO enables patients in traditionally underserved areas (e.g. rural U.S. communities, developing countries) to receive world-class consultations without traveling to Boston.
- Recognition: Providing second opinions through our service is an opportunity to earn recognition among peers, locally and globally.
To learn more, please call 617-724-9295 or email us.